My first post for December! Spent the weekend absorbed in Christmas decorating and I’m pretty happy with the results. Hopefully this is the first of many great Christmas tress I’ll have in San Francisco.
Besides that not much else has been going on. Chelsea play their final match in their Champions League group stage today. A win would put Chelsea on top of their group although even a loss still means they’ll make it to the knockout stages. Either way the opponents in the next round will be difficult. Honestly, even a quarter final appearance this year would be a pretty good showing. Anyway, here are the links:
- A mostly fictional history of programming languages.
- A Medium series on the Rust programming language.
- Questions raised whether American missile defenses effectively shot down a Yemeni missile.
- China’s real estate industry is unsurprisingly fraught with bad loans and mortgage fraud.
- We all live in a bubble.
- A New Yorker piece focusing on Nicolas Maduro and his increasingly authoritarian presidency.